Explore the universe with the Meade Infinity 70
Designed for beginners, the Infinity 70mm f/10 Alt-Azimuth Refractor Telescope from Meade is intended to introduce viewers to astronomy by giving them a complete set up for viewing the Moon, planets, and meteor showers. Its manual alt-azimuth mount has an altitude lock and slow-motion controls for precise tracking of subjects. Two eyepieces provide 27x and 78x magnifications with a 2x Barlow lens that doubles the magnification of each eyepiece for a wider-range of observing possibilities.
An adjustable-height stainless steel tripod provides a stable platform for sky-watching, and the included 90° erect-image diagonal makes looking through the scope more comfortable, especially when aiming the telescope toward the zenith. The diagonal’s prism corrects images horizontally and vertically, allowing the scope to be used for terrestrial viewing as well. An integrated dew-shield helps to prevent condensation on the outside objective lens, while blocking stray peripheral light from interfering with celestial observations.
- Telescope comes complete with everything you need to view the wonders of the night sky the first time out.
- 70mm (2.8”) Refracting Telescope delivers bright images that is ideal for viewing both land and celestial objects.
- Features an altazimuth mount with slow motion control rod for tracking celestial objects as they move across the night sky.
- Comes with 2 eyepieces for viewing a wide range of objects (Moon, planets, or land), and a 2X barlow that doubles the magnification of each eyepiece.
- Includes a red dot viewfinder to help locate objects you want to observe.
Bonus: AutoStar Suite® Astronomer Edition Software on DVD
AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition software will help you learn the night sky. It displays more than 10,000 celestial objects including planets, stars, galaxies and nebulas. You can print out star charts and even plan your observing session. It operates on any Windows® based PC.