FULLY FEATURED GPS SPEEDOMETER HMST1000B
Hummingbird’s fully featured GPS Speedometer provides a highly visible and configurable speed and distance readout, independent of the vehicle. No installation other than power provision is required.
Two independent distance readouts as well as speed, time and other statistics are available
Additional information – HMST100B PDF
Designed for harsh automotive environments, the module features a tough fascia with integrated buttons and LCD graphics display. An adjustable screw or suction mount allows for optimum positioning for the operator.
The ability to track 50 satellites simultaneously, enhanced receiver sensitivity and active antenna result in fast time-to-first-velocity-calculation as well as the ability to operate in the harshest RF environments such as canyons and cities. Speed errors will occur in RF blackout zones such as tunnels. Distance lost due to RF blackout is compensated for by adding it to the total distance recorded once satellites become visible again.
Three-dimensional velocity calculations are typically accurate to 0.36km/h and are updated 4 times per second. In application measurements of distance have typically resulted in accuracies of better than 0.25% over 1km. For best accuracy, the vehicle should be moving at a speed of greater than 2km/h.
Two trips are available as well as current speed, time and the number of satellites currently being used. The display is highly visible both at night and in sunlight due to the use of an industrially rated, transflective graphics LCD display.
Both trips are reset through the menu. Both trips are pre-settable.
An external magnetic mount antenna is provided as standard. A bulkhead mount antenna would only be used in permanent installations and is available as an optional accessory, as well as a windscreen suction mount.
- Simultaneous speed and dual trip display
- One decimal place precision on trip Meter (10cm in Kilometer mode)
- Trip A (trip meter) and Trip B (odometer)
- 10 million kilometer range Odometer
- 10V to 36V supply voltage
- Adjustable industrial screw-mount
- Suction windscreen mount is available as optional extra
- Highly visible sunlight readable display
- Trip Meter
- Over-speed warning
- Speed in Kilometers per Hour, Miles per Hour, Knots or Meters per Minute. Others available on request
- Odometer in Kilometers, Miles, Nautical Miles and Meters
- Update rate: 4 times per second (4Hz)
- Distance accuracy: typical in-application measurements show better than 0.25%
- Acquisition time, loss of lock: less than 2s (90% of the time)
- Acquisition time, temp loss of power: less than 10s (50% of the time), less than 13s (90% of the time)
- Acquisition time, power-up: less than 38s (50% of the time), less than 42s (90% of the time)
- Resolution: distance: 1 unit (meter, ft), speed: 1 unit (km/h, mi/h, knots)
- General: 50 channel tracking receiver, battery backup 12 days
- Input voltage: minimum 10V to maximum 36V
- Power consumption: maximum 1.8W (110mA @ 12V), 70mA @ 24V)
- RF interface: SMA connector supplied on magnetic and bulkhead antenna versions
- Connection Specifications:
- 1 Positive input voltage (10 – 36V)
- 2 Ground (OV)
- 110mm(width), 80mm(height), 30mm(depth)
- Antenna: 51mm (L), 42mm (W), 12mm (H)
- Antenna cable length: 5m
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Humidity: 5% to 95% relative humidity