DIGITAL GPS SPEEDOMETER, INTERNAL ANTENNA HMSS1000BI
Hummingbird’s GPS Speedometers provide a quick to install, vehicle-independent speed readout in vehicles that are not fitted with conventional speedometers.
Using data received from the Global Positioning Satellite network the GPS Speedometer calculates three-dimensional ground speed and displays it on a clear to read digital display.
This high technology solution eradicates the dependency on vehicle specific parameters, thereby reducing installation time and eradicating the need for periodic calibration.
Additional Information – HMSS1000B
at night.The ability to track 20 satellites simultaneously, enhanced receiver sensitivity and active antenna result in fast time-to-first velocity calculation as well as the ability to operate in the harshest RF environments such as canyons and cities. Speed errors will occur in RF blackout zones such as tunnels;
this is indicated to the driver through a flashing display.
Three dimensional velocity calculations are accurate to 0.2km/h and speed readings are updated 10 times per second.
Hummingbird’s Digital GPS Speedometer can be user configured to work in kilometers per hour, miles per hour, knots or meters per minute.
A relay can be set to close when the speed exceeds a user specified set-point. Typical applications for the speed switch would be driver over-speed warning or motion detection. Activation speed is set via a dip switch internal to the device and can not be changed by the operator. The maximum speed can be set to be
between 0 and 999 or between 0 and 99.9. The more precise setting is suitable for slow vehicles like tractors.
Hummingbird’s GPS Speedometer is supplied in a rugged ABS plastic enclosure with a lexan facia. A fully adjustable dashboard mount stand allows for correct driver orientation. Antenna connection for the active antenna is provided through a gold-plated threaded SMA connector. The active antenna is available in two options:
- magnetic mount, suitable for mounting in the interior of the vehicle, for example under the dashboard or rear window sill.
- bulkhead mount, suitable for exterior mount, for example on the roof of the cab.
An internal antenna version is also available.
Power to the unit and switch outputs are provided through four colour-coded wires.
For optimum performance the antenna should be mounted horizontally and upright, and should have a clear view of the sky.
- Speed range: minimum 2km/h; maximum 199km/h (or 199mi/h)
- General: 20 channel tracking receiver
- Update rate: 10Hz
- Accuracy, horizontal: < 5m (50%), < 8 (90%)
- Accuracy, altitude: < 10m (50%), < 16 m (90%)
- Accuracy, velocity: < 0.06m/sec = 0.22km/h
- Acquisition, after loss of lock: < 2s (90%)
- Acquisition, first time power applied: < 38s (50%), < 42s (90%)
- Acquisition, temporary loss of power: < 10s (50%), < 13s (90%)
- Operational limits, altitude: 18000m
- Operational limits, Velocity: 300km/h
- Input voltage: 9V to 36V
- Power consumption: maximum 2.5W (200mA @ 12V) – full brightness, including antenna
- Relay output: 36V max, 4.5A max
- Battery backup: > 20 days
- 86mm(width), 66mm(height), 25mm(depth); digit height 1 inch
- Antenna: 51mm (L), 42mm (W), 14mm (H)
- Antenna cable length: 3-5m
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Storage temperature: -55°C to +105°C
- Humidity: 5% to 95% R.H. non condensing at 60°C
Power and pulse output:
- Red input voltage (10V to 36V)
- Black ground (0V)
- Green / Yellow Speed switch (normally open)
- SMA (compatible connector supplied with antenna)
- Magnetic mount, bulkhead mount or internal antenna options available