StarSense Explorer LT 114mm AZ Reflector Telescope
Use your Phone and Telescope to Explore the Universe
- Dock your phone
- Launch StarSense Explorer App
- Point your Telescope at stars, planets and more.
Out of stock
Celestron StarSense EXPLORER LT
114mm AZ Refractor Telescope
Celestron has reinvented the manual telescope with StarSense Explorer—the first telescope that uses your smartphone to analyze the night sky and calculate its position in real time. StarSense Explorer is ideal for beginners thanks to the app’s user-friendly interface and detailed tutorials. It’s like having your own personal tour guide of the night sky.
- Unleash the power of your smartphone to take you on a guided tour of the night sky—no telescope experience required.
- Patent-pending StarSense sky recognition technology uses your smartphone to analyze star patterns overhead and calculate its position in real time.
- StarSense Explorer app automatically generates a list of objects currently visible. View planets, brighter nebulae and galaxies, star clusters, and double stars from the city. Or take your telescope to darker skies to view faint, deep sky objects.
- Manual altazimuth mount with smooth, dual-axis slow-motion controls makes it easy to follow the on-screen arrows to your desired target. When the bullseye turns green, it’s ready to view in the telescope’s eyepiece.
- 114mm (4.5”) Newtonian reflector with highly reflective coatings and enough light gathering ability to view all the best celestial objects.
- Includes 25mm and 10mm eyepieces, StarSense smartphone dock, erect image diagonal, a red dot finderscope (in case you want to use the telescope without your phone), and a sturdy, full-height tripod.
- Dock, Launch, Explore
- Smartphone Compatibility
- Patent-Pending StarSense Sky Recognition Technology
- High Quality Altazimuth Mount with Slow Motion Control
- Dazzling Views with High Quality Optics
- Perfect for the City or Dark Sky Sites
Everything You Need to Observe Immediately
When you unbox your new StarSense Explorer LT, you’ll find:
- 114mm Newtonian reflector optical tube
- StarSense dock for your smartphone
- Low powered (25mm) and high powered (10mm) eyepiece
- 2x Barlow lens to double the power of each eyepiece
- StarPointer red dot finderscope, perfect for using the telescope during the day or without the StarSense Explorer app
- Altazimuth mount with slow motion control rod
- Full-height tripod with an accessory tray to keep you organized
|Optical Design:||Newtonian Reflector|
|Focal Length:||1000mm (39.3″)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1:||25mm (0.98″)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1:||40x|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 2:||10mm (0.39″)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 2:||100x|
|Barlow Lens:||2x (1.25″)|
|Finderscope:||StarPointer™ red dot finderscope|
|Highest Useful Magnification:||269x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification:||16x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude:||12.8|
|Resolution (Rayleigh):||1.22 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes):||1.02 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye):||265x|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction:||44mm (1.73″)|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter:||38%|
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area:||14%|
|Optical Coatings:||Glass mirrors coated with aluminum and SiO₂|
|Optical Tube Length:||609.6mm (24″)|
|Optical Tube Diameter:||147mm (5.78″)|
|Optical Tube Weight:||6.6 lbs (2.99 kg)|
|Mount Type:||Manual Alt-Azimuth|
|Height adjustment range (includes mount and tripod):||Aluminum, 1320.8mm (52″) max height|
|Tripod Leg Diameter:||31.75mm (1.75″) steel|
|Tripod Weight:||3.8 lbs (1.72 kg)|
|GPS:||Uses phone’s GPS|
|Power Requirements:||None (Recommend PowerTank Glow to keep phone charged while using app)|
|Alignment Procedures:||Use StarSense Explorer app|
|Software:||StarSense Explorer app | SkyPortal app | Celestron Starry Night Basic Edition Software|
|Total Kit Weight:||10.4 lbs (4.71 kg)|
|Included Items:||Telescope tube | Mount/tripod (preassembled) | 25mm & 10mm eyepieces | 2x Barlow lens | StarPointer finderscope | Accessory tray | StarSense Explorer phone dock|