Additional Information – HMGM5000B
A 51 channel acquisition engine with the ability to track 14 satellites simultaneously; enhanced receiver sensitivity and active antenna results in fast time-to-first-velocity-calculation as well as the ability to operate in the harshest RF environments such as canyons and cities.
Last known position and satellite information critical to fast-start up are saved in case of power failure.
Three dimensional velocity calculations are accurate to 0.2km/h and pulse output rates are updated 5 times per second.
Compensation is provided for inaccuracies in pulse output that may occur due to loss of lock in tunnels and similar complex RF terrains. The proprietary compensation algorithm uses the positions at which lock was lost and then re-gained to estimate lost distance, which is then compensated for by increasing the output pulse rate until the lost distance has been regained.
The GPS Odometer Sender is supplied with a bulkhead mount antenna.
For optimum performance, the antenna should be mounted horizontally and upright; and should have a clear view of the sky.
A red/green LED is provided to give the user status information. At power ON, the LED will begin to flash red at 2Hz, indicating that the unit has power and is searching for satellite. When satellite have been acquired, the LED will remain red ON. The LED will flash green when the vehicle is moving.
- Pulse rate: 5000 (The pulse rate will be increased during lost distance catch up)
- General: 14 channel tracking receiver
- Update rate: 5Hz
- Accuracy, horizontal: < 5m (50%), < 8 (90%)
- Accuracy, altitude: < 10m (50%), < 16 m (90%)
- Precision, velocity: < 0.06m/sec = 0.22km/h
- Acquisitions, after loss of lock: < 2s (90%)
- Acquisitions, first time power applied: < 38s (50%), < 42s (90%)
- Acquisitions, temporary loss of power: < 10s (50%), < 13s (90%)
- Input voltage: 9V to 36V
- Power consumption: 43mA at 12V; 21mA at 24V typical
- Output pulse: square wave, peak to peak Vin
- Output pulse: maximum current drain: 25mA
- 46mm (L), 20mm (W), 12mm (H)
- Antenna: 51mm (L), 42mm (W), 14mm (H)
- Antenna cable length: 3-5m
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Storage temperature: -55°C to +105°C
- Humidity: 5% to 95% R.H.
- Red input voltage (9V to 36V)
- Black ground (0V)
- Green pulse output ( Pek to peak Vin)
- Blue inverted pulse output
- SMA (compatible connector supplied with antenna)