RF BATTERY MONITOR WITH RECEIVER HMRF2000
Its is now a legal requirement in some states that you monitor the battery voltage of your trailer/caravan. Hummingbird Electronics’ RF Battery Monitor allows the user to monitor a remote battery without having to run wires to it.
Additional Information – HMRF2000
The RF Battery Monitor measures battery voltage of up to sixteen remote batteries and displays it on a remote colour screen. Alarm levels can be set such that the unit warns the user with a screen colour change and an optional buzzer. Both minimum and maximum alarm voltages can be set by using the keypad in conjunction with an on-screen menu. Batteries can be given names that are relevant to the application.
The RF Battery Monitor uses a long range RF technology meaning that communication is reliable in all configuration of car and trailer. Ultra-low power voltage transmitters are able to be left permanently connected to batteries and do not need to be switched off when not in use. Both 12V and 24V batteries can be monitored.
Installation is as simple as attaching the red and black terminals on the transmitter to the battery that needs to be monitored and plugging the receiver into a cigarette lighter socket. The receiver can also be permanently powered if desired.
The receiver is mounted with a flexible windscreen-mount, but can also be attached using any standard camera mount including those available from RAM.
- Uses RF technology to transmit voltages
- Optional buzzer for under or over voltage
- Changes colour for under or over voltage
- User adjustable limits per battery
- Optional local battery monitoring
- Multi voltage – simply plug into your cigarette lighter plug
- Cigarette lighter connection
- Precision 100mV measurement
- Ultra-low power transmitter can be left connected to batteries
- Acquisition time, power-up: 30 seconds to acquire RF devices
- Resolution: 100mV
- RF Frequency: 433MHz
- Range: 100m line of sight
- Input voltage: 9V to 36V
- Power consumption: Screen: Typical 0.2W (10mA @ 12V; 7mA @ 24V)
Transmitter: Typical 0.05mA (50 microamps)
- Dimensions, Display: 70mm (width), 50mm (height), 18mm (depth)
Transmitter: 46mm (L), 20mm (W), 12mm (H)
- Cable Length: Power cable provided with 1.5m cable
- Operating temperature: -20°C to 55°C
- Humidity: 5% to 95% relative humidity